With 29,7 billion Web Pages & 108,810,358 websites to be visible online it is a quest of necessary more intelligence and more creativity than ever!
This plus the fact that the mix of different media platforms (internet, TV, mobile), according to a study conducted by the Solutions Research Group, says that roughly 37% of the U.S. population over the age of 12 use their computers while watching television at home. This means the fragmented media and online scenario is more complex and difficult to reach than ever.
But the funny thing is that the number of people with access to internet is around more than one billion, but we need to add the following:
- There are 101,539,204 Spanish speaking people using the Internet. This represents 8.7 % of all the Internet users in the world. Out of the estimated 442,525,601 world population that speaks Spanish, only 22.9 % use the Internet.
- The number of Spanish Speaking Internet Users has grown 311.4 % in the last seven years (2000-2007).
- Asia represents 36.9 % of the global internet usage and had and Usage Growth between 2000-2007 of 302.0%
- From the European estimated population (2007) of 809,624,686 people, the global net usage is 27.2%
This means we are only at the beginning of it.
The new internet landscape influences purchase decisions online and offline & new information about it must be sent to the market immediately. It must then be rated in order to win new customers, clients or maintain existing customers’ loyalty.
In the contemporary Internet Age complexity and multiplicity are key. This medium in its various forms of websites, search engines, advertising, email, and professional new advertising solutions and ads in emerging media formats is driving the global markets and enterprises under enormous pressure to succed and to deliver more. The internet industry and players are under pressure to have more and better content, better technology, widgets, unique products and communication faster than their competitors. Also the efforts for putting one single website working within all the internet colossus machine is getting more complex than ever.
With SEO becoming the new bible of the internet quest for profitability and so forth the main challenge is how to manage the trends of the emerging socialmedia features of web 2.0 with the still alive (not to forget this) features of the web 1.0.. Wikipedia is a web 1.0 and it is still one of the biggest sites and sources of inspiration and documentation online. And SEO (search engine optimisation or natural search) is not a simple new trend is the sum of all web knowledge, at least if you want to do it properly. And it comes with the following key subjects:
- On-page optimisation and mark-up factors both IT, usability and content related,
- Social media integration and interaction with the new features and trends as well as the quickly developments of it,
- Distribution and optimisation of content and developing partnerships with topic-relevant websites,
- Link building and link authority within the rules of ethic conduct,
- Keyword research and analysis to target strategy and traffic opportunities and directions,
- Market and Competitor analysis, research and benchmarking,
- Understanding and being able to get access to the best tools and widgets available to aid successful strategy, communication, PR: campaigns,
- Making creative suggestions for new content, functionality, usability or potential areas to leverage both on & off site,
- Use of all the analytics and different sources of trackig packages to monitor progress & indentify trends,
- Provide usability recommendations and content optimisation to improve user experience and retention,
- Detailed experience of Display, email, affiliate, mainly PPC campaigns within Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing, MSN Ad Centre, Baidy, Yandex, Rambler and all the relevant Search Engines for each global region…
- Capacity to adapt and localise ASAP
In fact to do a website at the moment it implicates that peole bear in mind these almost organic set up of rules and processes. One can associate this to a kind of web version of green and mean machine one finds in the new directions of the economy. These rules and processes if one misses them, it simply will push a webite for the invisibility among the 29,7 billion of webpages in the internet… And by the way the size of the world wide web, the number of present web pages must be somewhere between 15 and 30 billion — and probably closer to the latter than the former, given the increase in the number of Web users, bloggers and companies moving online since 2000. (In 1996 there was 250.000 websites in the world wide web.) Moreover in July the 28 2008: The Google Blog reports that the Search Engine company has indexed 1 trillion web pages, and it implies that not everything is covered…
Note also that Internet World Stats counted over 1 billion Internet users in 2007.
So we are in an incredible moment for the online maturity and growth. In one hand there are more difficulties, competition and challenges than in any time since the world wide web was created. However in the other hand there are more opportunities and more space for learning and succeding and being visible than never. As long as there is sharp and lucid eye for the new paradigm:
Create, learn, rate, network, listen, participate, cooperate!